The advancement in technology has made it easier for us to stay connected with our loved ones 24/7. No matter, where you are, you can always contact your friends and family over a simple phone call.
In this modern world, our absolute dependence on smartphones is evident. From calling people to monitoring business deals and entertainment, it’s hard to imagine our lives without a smartphone.
But there are times when things don’t work as they are supposed to. One of the most annoying problems is “the wireless customer you are calling is not available” We understand how frustrating it can be to receive this message whenever you try to make a call, especially if you are in an emergency.
If you are currently facing this wireless caller is not available problem and don’t know how to fix it, no worries, we have got your back. In this guide, we will provide you with the solution you are looking for.
What Does it Mean: The Wireless Customer is Not Available
Before moving on to the solution, you need to first understand the meaning of “the wireless customer is not available”. You hear this message when you try to contact someone and the call doesn’t get through. It means that the person you are trying to call is not reachable.
This message could mean that there’s an issue on the recipient’s end. It could be a mobile service issue. However, it could also mean that there’s a software bug in your phone that is preventing you from making calls.
This problem can also arise when the recipient is outside the cell coverage area. But if you know that the person is within the coverage area, it could mean that your number is blocked by the recipient. It can also happen due because of a service outage.
In short, issues with the recipient’s phone, as well as your phone, can cause this automated message to play.
The Wireless Customer Is Not Available: 7 Fixes
Now that you know the possible reasons the wireless customer is not available, let’s talk about the things you can do to overcome it.
1. Send a Text to the Recipient:
So you have tried calling the person multiple times, but you still cannot reach the person. Instead of getting frustrated, you should think of an alternative way. For example, you can message the person.
If you are an Apple user, you can use iMessage to send texts to the recipient. Besides that, you can also try to contact the person on their social media handles like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other platform where they have an account.
Most social media platforms allow you to send messages. So you should take advantage of these services. If not, you can try calling them using the Internet. There are many services like Google Voice, Messenger, and others that allow you to make internet calls.
2. Check if You or the Recipient Blocked Each Other:
One of the reasons that the “the wireless customer is not available am I blocked” message is playing is that your number is blocked by the recipient. But this cannot be indicated by your service provider. So the best way to figure it out is to ask the person directly. If they have blocked your number accidentally, ask them to unblock you and you should be able to call them again.
The same message will play if you have blocked the recipient from your phone. So before jumping to conclusions, you should check your phone’s block list to see if you have blocked the recipient’s number. If yes, then you unblock the number and then make a call.
To unblock someone’s number on your iPhone, you should follow these steps:
- Launch the Contacts app or the Phone app.
- Search for the contact that you want to unblock.
- Tap on the contact and scroll down.
- You will see the option “Unblock this Caller” Tap on it and confirm the unblocking.
For Android users, they should follow these steps:
- Go to the Phone app.
- Select More.
- Then go to Settings and then Blocked numbers.
- Select the number you want to unblock and tap Clear, and then Unblock.
After unblocking the number, you should try calling the person again to check if the message is still playing.
3. Check Your SIM Card:
Sometimes, the wireless customer is not available issue arises due to your SIM card. For example, if your SIM card is not working properly, it will fail to connect you to people or make calls.
But you can take care of this SIM card problem by simply reinserting it. First, take out the SIM card, and then reinsert it again.
For iPhone users, you should follow these steps:
- iPhones have the SIM slot on the opposite side of the mute and volume keys.
- Take the SIM card eject tool and insert it into the tiny hole.
- This will help you to pull out the SIM tray.
- Now take out the SIM card and wait for a few seconds.
- After that insert the SIM back in its place and try to call again.
Android users should follow these steps:
- Locate the SIM slot on your Android phone.
- Use a SIM remover tool to pull out the SIM tray.
- Take out the SIM card from the SIM tray and wait for 10-15 seconds.
- After that insert the SIM back in its place.
- Now try to make a call again and see if the message still plays.
4. The Recipient’s Phone is Switched Off:
Some service providers and phones use “the wireless customer you are calling is not available” as a default message if the phone is switched off.
In this case, you should try to communicate with the person through some other channel that doesn’t need a phone. For example, you can try to message them on social media. Alternatively, you can also send them an email.
5. Check if There’s a Service Outage:
You may experience reachability issues if there’s a service outage on your operator’s end or the recipient’s end.
To figure things out, you should call your mobile network operator and ask them if there’s a service outage. They will confirm if that is the case.
In case of a service outage, you will have to wait for the issue to be fixed. Meanwhile, you can try contacting the person through some other channel of communication.
6. Restart Your Phone:
Sometimes you can solve this issue by simply restarting your phone. If you are confirmed that there’s no service outage or your SIM card was not the problem, there are chances that your phone is the culprit here. The best thing to do is to restart your phone.
Restarting your phone can resolve many issues. So you should give it a try.
iPhone users should follow these steps:
- Press and hold the side key or the volume key until you have the slider.
- Drag the slider over and switch off your iPhone.
- Wait for some time and then switch on your phone by pressing and holding the button on the right side of your phone. Release the button when you see the Apple logo appear.
For Android users, they should follow these steps:
- Press and hold down the power key until you see the options on the screen.
- Tap on the Restart option. Alternatively, you can choose the Power Off option as well.
- If you choose Restart, your phone will automatically turn back on. But if you choose Power Off, you will need to switch it back on manually. For this, you need to hold down the power key for a few seconds until you see the screen appear.
After restarting your phone, you should try making a call to see if the message still plays.
7. Call Customer Care:
If none of the above solutions works, the only option you are left with is to contact customer care support.
Call the customer support team and explain to them the problem you are experiencing. They will be able to provide the exact solution you need. You can reach out to them at any time you need.
If you are a Verizon user, you can take advantage of their online messaging feature. You can use this feature to send messages if the recipient is unresponsive. But before that, you need to set up the messaging service by logging into your Verizon user account. Once that is done you can send messages to anyone you want. Hopefully, you found this guide helpful.
You May Also Read:
- How to Connect Nintendo Switch to Ethernet? [Explained]
- Why Is AT&T Internet So Slow: How To Fix & Make it Fast
- Verizon Fios Router Red Globe: What It Means And How To Fix It
- How to Get Free WiFi at Home Without Paying