Spectrum is one of the most reliable services available for you when it comes to choosing a router and modem service. More millions of people all over the country do opt for choosing the router spectrum and are currently enjoying high-speed internet services throughout. Purchasing a spectrum router is not enough. To use the product properly, you will have to configure the device and use it accordingly. Remember that most of the routers from the spectrum do have a similar username and password. If the device you are using does not have a public id, it is important that you keep the device completely secure. It is important to know the procedure to change the password so that you can keep the connection secure to use. You can always follow the guide mentioned below that will help you to get complete knowledge about changing the password. Make sure to follow all the steps clearly in order to get the connectivity secure.
How to Change Spectrum WiFi Password[ 2 Best Ways]
1. Change Spectrum WiFi Password Using Spectrum Router
One of the easiest methods that you can use to change the Spectrum WiFi Password is to know the spectrum wifi details. To start with this process, you need to know the router login address and also the ping config details. Once you get to know about the IP address, type it down on the address bar and then hit on the Enter option. You can easily sign in and then you can change the login details with the password. This will help you to get fast access to the admin pane and you can quickly change the password. Here are some steps that you can follow.
- The first thing that you need to do is to know the spectrum router IP address. To know this, you need to go to the router label. Usually, it is a simple piece of paper presentation on the top or back of the router. You need to find the given details of the IP address and the SSID mentioned here. If you cannot find it, try to enter 192.168.1.1 as the default address. You will now be able to find out the login credentials and also the details of your router present. It is important that you keep these details handy. This is why you can also opt to take a picture of the configuration before you go to a new page.
- To enter the web portal, you need to go to a web browser. Try to use Google or any compatible browser which you will choose to change the password and the address. Go to the address bar and type the default address down. You will be redirected to the login page.
- Once you go to the login page, you will be asked to enter the user id and the password. This user id is also defined as the SSID of your router. For accurate information, you can go and check the label present here. Simply type it down and you will be able to open up this page. Once you click on login, you will be redirected to the admin dashboard. The username and password could be the same for most of the routers. You can also find information about the product from the online websites available.
- Once you login into the panel, you will have to click on the advanced option. You will find this menu at the top of the page. Simply click it and you will be led to the configuration page.
Now, you will have to choose the type of configuration. If the router is a dual-band, you need to select a specific channel either between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz channel.
- Here, you will find a number of options available. Simply give a click on this option and then you will find the basic tab menu available. You can give a click on this option which will open up the configuration page. You can always change the network SSID from here. Enter the new network name and then click on the next tab.
- Once you click on this next tab, it will open up the password option. Here, you will be able to change the password. Try to keep a password that will be strong enough and you will be able to keep the network secure. By default, the password settings are set to the WPA2 personal mode. You can also change settings and keep it to an advanced mode by using a different setting option. Once you enter the new password, you will have to re-enter this password to the next field and then click on save to make changes.
2. Change Your Spectrum WiFi Password Using your Spectrum Online Account
Another way to get your work done is to use the spectrum online account. When you opt for spectrum internet services, you will always be provided with a default username and password. To change this username and password, you can simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open up a web browser from your desktop or mobile device and then type down spectrum.net from it. Doing this will open up the official website of the spectrum! Now, you will have to open up the account by entering the username and password.
- Enter your Spectrum username and the password is available. If you did forget the password, you can also have a look at the email account and the default username and password should be mentioned in this.
- Once you are logged in, you will already find that you have all the credentials. You need to click on the services tab which will appear at the top window. Click this and you will find more menu options present.
- Now, you need to click on the internet menu on this option. If you slowly move the cursor to the services menu, the internet option should drop down. Simply give a click on this to open up this option. You can now give a click on the option.
- The next thing that you need to do is to find the “Manage Network” option. It should be present under the new tab which will help you to get a complete solution for changing the password.
Step 6: Once you give click on this, you will get the option to change the password. Enter a new password and you will be able to confirm it again in the next step. If you are done, simply give a click on Apply to save the new password. This will reset the router’s password.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Does spectrum give you a router?
Ans: To be fair, spectrum is not a router manufacturer. It is an internet service provider that provides coax internet services. The people are required to use a separate router and configure it with Spectrum to enjoy wireless internet services. However, you can still hire a spectrum router by providing a monthly rental fee.
Q2. How do I access my spectrum router?
Ans: If you are using any external router for your work, it is important to know the login credentials. You will find the default user id and the password available. If you are using a spectrum router, you will have to look for the login id and the password is available from the manufacturer.
Q3. Should I buy my own router for Spectrum?
Ans: Now this will depend on the requirements that you have. Of course, the spectrum won’t be able to serve you with a top-notch router that has massive speed capacity. You can only get this with a router that you purchase separately. If speed is not the biggest factor for you, try to go for a separate router for your needs.
Q4. Can I have 2 routers with Spectrum?
Ans: Of course, you can. However, you will need to know the procedure for configuring this router. Configuring two routers means that you can easily split the coax line next to each other and get a prominent result. For the configurations, you need to change the mode to a standard DOCSIS network and then you can use the same coax line with a splitter.
Q5. How much is a router from Spectrum?
Ans: Spectrum has multiple types of routers. Although the options are limited, you can choose the perfect type of router according to the speed requirements that you have. In general, renting a router from spectrum would cost you around $5 per month.
Changing the wifi password for your spectrum router is one of the most important things that you need to consider after purchasing the router. Not only does this allow you to secure the network but it also protects you from the data that you see. Although the manufacturer comes with a default id and password, it is the same for every model that is available. Once you change the SSID and the password, it becomes secure and also safe to use for everyone.
You May Also Enjoy Reading:
- How to Find the Best 5Ghz WiFi Channel for Your Router
- How to Improve Internet Connection [10 Ways to Boost Your Wi-Fi Signal]
- Why Does My WiFi Internet Keep Disconnecting