So you have got your new Hitron router and now it’s time for set up. In that case, you have come to the right place.
In this guide, we will discuss all the processes that you should know about your Hitron router. From configuring your router to changing your router’s password, we will cover everything. If you are a new user, pay attention to this guide.
How to Install Your Hitron Router?
The first thing you need to do is determine the location where you want to install your router. Choose an area that is free of obstructions such as furniture, electronics, walls, etc.
- Take one end of the cord and plug it into the coaxial port on the back of your router.
- Insert the other end into a power outlet.
- Connect the A/C cord with your router and plug it into a wall outlet.
- Once you switch on your router, you will see the lights start blinking. Wait until the blinking stops and then move to the next step.
- Now connect your router to your computer using the Ethernet cable. Insert one end of the cable into the Ethernet port on your router and the other end into your PC.
Well, that’s all you need to do to set up your Hitron router.
Steps To Log Into Your Hitaron Router
After the setup process is over, it’s time to log into your router. The login steps are quite simple. All you have to do is follow the instructions below.
- Launch a web browser on your PC.
- Go to the address bar and type 192.168.0.1. This is your router’s IP address. If the mentioned IP address doesn’t work, check the white sticker on your router. You should find the IP address there.
- Next, hit the Enter button.
- Once the site opens, you will be asked to enter your password and username. In this case, enter your default login credentials. The default password is “password” and the default username is “admin” or “cusadmin.” You can also check the sticker on your router to know the exact default login details.
- After that click OK.
- You are now logged into your Hitron router.
Resetting A Hitron Router
If for some reason you cannot log into your router, it’s better to reset or reboot it. Resetting your router can solve a variety of issues. If a simple reset doesn’t work, you should try factory resetting your router. This will return the router to its default settings.
Steps To Reboot A Hitron Router
Rebooting is the best solution when you are unable to log into your router, or it is running slowly. A simple reboot should resolve these issues.
Here’s how you can reboot a Hitron router:
- Turn off your router by pressing the Power button. If your router is without a power button, unplug it from the power source.
- Wait for 5 to 10 seconds before turning it back on.
- Plug in the router to the power source or press the Power button.
- Wait for the router to boot up and see if the issue is fixed.
Hitron Router Reboot Through The Admin Menu
This method comes in handy when you are already logged into your router. In this case, you can reboot the router through the admin menu.
- Start by clicking on the Admin menu.
- Click the option Device Reset.
- Select the Reboot button.
- Your router will turn off and on all by itself.
Factory Resetting A Hitron Router
You can reset your Hitron router in three different ways: using the reset button, using the router’s menu, or using the 30-30-30 method. Factory resetting your router will delete all the settings and login details.
#1. Using the Reset Button:
To reset your Hitron router using the reset button, you need to follow these steps:
- Locate the reset button on the back or side of your router.
- Use a pin or paper clip to press and hold the button for 10 seconds.
- This will reset the router.
- You will see the lights flashing and the router will turn off and turn back on itself.
- The router will go back to its default settings.
#2. Using the Router’s Menu:
Here are the steps you need to follow to reset the router through the router’s menu:
- Go to the main screen and select the option, Admin.
- Click on Device Reset under the Admin option.
- Follow the instruction shown on the screen to complete the reset process.
- After the router restarts, it will go back to its default settings.
#3. Using the 30-30-30 Method:
The 30-30-30 reset process is slightly different from the other methods. You should try this method if your router starts malfunctioning. It’s the last reset to fix your router. If this method also fails, you will have to contact customer support.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- Unplug the router while pressing the reset button.
- Wait for 30 seconds before plugging back the router.
- When plugging the router back, press and hold the reset button for another 30 seconds.
- This will factory reset your router.
Easy Steps To Configure A Hitron Router
Like most other routers, you can configure your Hitron router to improve its performance. Configuring your router will allow you to enjoy a more secure and stable internet connection.
How to Change the Admin Password?
Changing the default admin password will keep others from logging into your router. If you are changing your password for the first time, follow these steps.
- Use your default login credentials to log into your router.
- Select the Admin option.
- Click on Management in the submenu.
- Enter “admin” in the username field.
- Enter “password” in the password box.
- Now enter a new password in the New Password field.
- Type in the new password again in the Confirm New Password field.
- Once everything is done, click the Save button.
How to Change the SSID Network Name?
By SSID Network Name, we mean the name of your Wi-Fi connection. To change the SSID network name, you need to follow these steps.
- Log into your router.
- Click on the option Wireless.
- Select the Basic Settings option.
- Select between 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz tab. You will need to change the SSID name for both bandwidths.
- Now enable the Wireless Enabled option in the Basic Settings section.
- Change the Wireless Mode to 802.11 g/n in the dropdown menu.
- Change to Auto from Wireless Channel.
- Select On or Off in the WPS Enabled field.
- For WPS Enabled, select Off.
- Now change the SSID name in the Network Name field.
- Click On.
- This will turn on your Wi-Fi.
- Enable Broadcast SSID.
- This will send out the signal to connect to your Wi-Fi.
- Enable the WMM setting.
- Press the Save Changes button.
- Scroll up and choose 5Ghz.
- Repeat the above steps.
How to Change the SSID Password?
These are the steps you need to follow to change the SSID password.
- Log into your router.
- Choose the option Wireless.
- Click on the WPS & Security option.
- Go to Security Settings.
- You will see two SSID links.
- Change to WPA-Personal from Security Mode.
- Set the Auto Mode to WPA2-PSK or WPA-PSK.
- Change the Encrypt Mode to AES.
- Change the SSID password.
- Hit the Save button.
- Choose the other bandwidth and repeat the same steps.
- Once done, click on Save.
How to Save Backup Settings?
Follow these steps to save a backup file:
- Log into your router
- Select the Admin option.
- Select the option Backup.
- This will save a file to your PC.
How to Restore Settings?
These are the steps to follow to restore settings:
- Log into your router.
- Choose Admin.
- Select Backup.
- Select Choose File.
- Go to the backup file saved on your PC and click Restore.
- Your router will restore the settings.
Final Words on Hitron Router Login
Setting up and logging into a Hitron router is as simple as any other router. Just follow the instructions given in this guide and you will be good to go. We have covered all the processes that you should know about your Hitron router.
- How To Connect Fiber Optic Cable To Router?
- 5 Best 400 Mbps Routers Reviewed and Rated
- 7 Best Mesh WiFi Routers For Thick Walls (Reviews & Buying Guide)
Hi, I am James Burns a skilled and experienced network engineer with a passion for optimizing digital connectivity. With a wealth of expertise in designing and managing intricate network infrastructures, I excel in enhancing performance and security. I hold a distinguished record of delivering top-notch results in various Network courses, including the Juniper Networks Certified Associate (JNCIA) certification, demonstrating my commitment to continuous learning and professional growth. My dedication to staying at the forefront of emerging technologies makes me an invaluable asset in ensuring seamless and reliable network operations. Whether troubleshooting complex issues or implementing innovative solutions, I am dedicated to creating robust and efficient network environments for businesses and individuals alike.