In 2021, almost all commercial works are tracked and done through the internet. It is probably one of the reasons for the fast growth and development of any business. Having internet connectivity at any place helps you to complete your work faster. But if you are facing continuous errors and it is not connecting to your router, you may not have to worry at all. Here are some possible fixes which you can use to quickly work with your router again.
Easy Ways to Troubleshoot No Internet Connection
#1. A router is Not Getting Connected
You may purchase a new router and end up seeing that the router is not connecting to the internet. There may be several reasons why you are facing this problem and it mostly happens because of configuration problems. It is important that you keep the manufacturer’s instructions for quick and fast setup. Even if you can find your internet access, it may not tend to get properly connected because of multiple problems. As a result, it becomes much more important to follow the configuration procedure of your router manufacturer and get over the line.
- The first thing that you need to do is to unplug the cables and then directly connect them with your ethernet cable. Plug it into your LAN port and you will be able to configure it.
- The next thing that you need to do is to leave it disconnected for at least a few minutes. Let it cool down and then reconnect the coax cable. Make sure that you fit the cable into the proper place.
- After this, turn back the power and wait for a few seconds. Once it turns back on, you will be able to connect it to your router again. Remember to give it some time before you turn the router back on. Overheating may not cause the router to work properly from the first stage.
If these steps are not working properly for you, try to get along with other configuration steps to get proper results.
#2. Problem with Router Setup Software
One of the most common problems, while you are using a new router, is that you are having a setup issue. This problem tends to be common because of old firmware versions as compared to your newly connected devices. You may try to fit in a router with your PC that may not be updated with the current firmware. It is important to update the firmware when you wish to try out a new device setup procedure. If this error code shows up every time, you may see that the PC is not able to find your router. Below are a few steps that you can follow to make it work properly again. For other router models, you may also check out the Router Login List.
- The first thing that you need to do is to get back to your computer network settings page through the control panel and then the network sharing center.
- Once done, you can now go to the LAN connection available. Simply tap on IPV4 and you can now click on properties. Here, you will be able to see the current configuration of your IP settings.
- Communicate with your ISP to know more details about the Ip address and other properties. Replace them by entering the subnet mask, gateway address, and DNS servers.
- Once you are done, you will now have to confirm these changes by clicking on the save menu. This will help you to easily complete the steps and get to know more.
#3. Not Finding Network Name
When you go on to check the available networks, you may find that the SSID of your router is not visible anymore. However, no need to panic about this. There could be several reasons why you are facing this. To fix this issue, the steps for performing on a Windows PC are different than that of a Mac PC. You need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first thing that you need to do is to check whether it is at all available or not. To do this, go to the control panel and then go to the network and internet.
- Here a list of options will be available. You will have to tap on Network and sharing mode. Once done, find out the wireless networks. Your router should be listed over here by default.
- If you are still unable to find this, go to the add manually option. Click on the Add button and then go for manually adding. Type the name of your router and it should discover it immediately.
- For Mac users, you can either complete a force join or you can go to manual addition. Click on the Apple logo and find the utility option.
- Here you will be able to check and manage internet devices. Tap on this option and you will be able to manually add the router.
- Type in the SSID name and wait for your PC to discover it. You can now enter the password and then set it up automatically.
#4. It is Dropping Fast
If your internet connection is dropping, you should get an indication of it on the router. In such a case, the LEDs on your router start to blink or may turn off. This will indicate that your internet connection is not working well at all. You can sort this out if you have fixed internet connectivity available with your router. In any case, if the internet connection keeps on dropping, you will have to fix this with a better cable configuration.
The first thing that you can do is to get a new splitter for your router. A new splitter could be giving you better stable connectivity. If you previously had a 7 dB splitter, try getting one that comes with two-way actions.
Also Read: 2.4 GHz vs 5 GHz WiFi: What is the Difference and Which Is The Better Frequency Band?
Conclusion on No Internet Connection:
Here is a complete guide on how to Fix No Internet Connection and with their help of them you can quickly fix your internet access. Do let us know if you face more challenges while configuring.
- 2.4 GHz vs 5 GHz WiFi Frequency Band: Difference & Which Is The Better?
- How to Find the Best 5Ghz WiFi Channel for Your Router
- What Is MTU Size and What Value Should It Be Set To
- 7 Best PoE Switch Reviews & Buying Guide
- The 7 Best 24 Port Gigabit Switch Reviews & Buying Guide