When it comes to high-performance routers, Spectrum is one of the brands to appear at the top. As a leading telecommunication and broadband company, Spectrum never seems to disappoint its users. Plus, the company has made significant improvements in the past few years. That being said, if you are looking for the right way to change Spectrum WiFi name, you are in the right place.
Having access to your Spectrum WiFi password and name gives you full control over your router. It allows you to log into your Spectrum account and make changes whenever needed.
In this article, we will tell you how to change Spectrum’s password and name.
Steps To Find Spectrum WiFi Password And Name
Before making any changes to your network settings, it’s crucial to find your router’s default password and name. However, if your Spectrum router doesn’t have the network details labeled on its body, you should follow the guide given below.
For Mac computer, these are the steps you need to follow:
- Check if your Mac computer is connected to your network.
- Go to the Apple menu.
- Select Applications.
- Click on the option Utilities.
- Now double-click on your wireless network name.
- Select the option Show password and input your Mac’s password and username when prompted.
- Hit the Allow button to see your password.
For Windows 10, you need to follow these instructions:
- Start by connecting your PC to your network, and then right-click on the WiFi icon.
- Select the option Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Navigate to Connections.
- Choose your wireless network name, and select Wireless Properties.
- Access the Security tab.
- Choose the option Show Characters and you will see your WiFi name and password appear on the screen.
For Windows 8.1, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your PC is connected to your wireless network.
- Access the Start menu.
- Go to the Network and Sharing Center.
- Select the option Manage Wireless Networks.
- Now choose your wireless network from the available list.
- Right-click on your wireless network.
- Choose the option Properties.
- Access the Security tab.
- Choose the option Show Characters to check your WiFi name and password.
Change Spectrum WiFi Name Via Web Browser
It is essential to note that the method of changing Spectrum WiFi name may vary based on the version of the router you have. Also, you won’t find the IP address labeled on the bottom or back of a Spectrum router if it is one of the newest WiFi 6 and WiFi 5 devices.
These routers feature QR codes which can be managed through Spectrum’s mobile app. For other routers from Spectrums, you just need the default IP address.
Method #1 – Use IP Address
Knowing your router’s IP address makes it easier to change Spectrum WiFi password and name. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- The first thing you need to do is find the IP address of your router. You can use Command Prompt by opening it as an Admin and typing IPCONFIG to locate the IP address.
- Once you have the IP address, open your web browser.
- Go to the search bar and type in the IP address. Press Enter.
- Now input the default password and username.
- Access the web management section, and click on the Advanced option.
- Choose your wireless network panel (5 GHz or 2.4 GHz).
- Input a new WiFi name or SSID along with a new WiFi password.
- Re-enter the new password for confirmation.
- After you are done, click on the Apply button to save the changes.
Method #2 – Use Spectrum Account
You gain access to a free user account after subscribing to Spectrum services. Through this account, you can manage your internet settings and plans. It also allows you to alter your WiFi password and name whenever needed. These are the steps you need to follow:
- Ensure your PC is connected to your wireless network.
- Open a browser of your choice.
- Navigate to www.spectrum.net and sign into your user account.
- Now provide your Spectrum login details.
- In the Services section, locate and click on the Internet tab.
- Click on the down arrow colored in blue to see your current WiFi password and name.
- Select Manage Network to access the configuration options.
- Now you can modify your Spectrum password and name as desired.
- Once everything is done, click the Save button to implement the changes.
Steps To Change Spectrum WiFi Name Via Spectrum Mobile App
If you are looking for a more convenient way to change your Spectrum WiFi name, you should use the My Spectrum app. This method is particularly favored for the newest Spectrum routers, offering both speed and convenience.
The My Spectrum app is readily available on both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. After downloading the app, follow these steps:
- Open the Spectrum mobile app.
- Check the box beside Terms and Conditions.
- Now log in to your user account using your credentials.
- Select Services to access information about your WiFi password and name.
- Navigate to the Network tab within the app to initiate changes to your Spectrum WiFi password and name.
- Select the Edit Network Info option.
- Input a new WiFi password and name.
- After making the necessary changes select the Save button and you are done.
How To Manage Your Spectrum WiFi Router Settings?
When you have your Spectrum router login details with you, managing the router settings becomes easy. By using your router’s password and username, you can configure various settings.
Here’s a brief guide outlining the steps to access your router’s web management panel and make adjustments to enhance your WiFi experience.
Finding Router Details:
- Refer to the router user manual or installation guide to find your router details.
- Alternatively, you can examine the label on the back, side, or bottom of your router for quick access.
Once you have your router’s login information, you can log into your account and make whatever changes you want.
Access Web Management Panel:
- Connect your smartphone or PC to your wireless network.
- Open a web browser and input the default IP address into the search bar.
- Provide your router’s password and username to reach the admin page.
- In the web management section, you can blacklist or block unrecognized devices, adjust router speed limits, set parental controls, adjust bandwidth caps, and more. It allows you to make changes as per your requirements.
Reasons To Change Your Spectrum WiFi Password And Name
Ensuring the security of your WiFi network is a paramount concern, and changing your Spectrum WiFi password and name regularly is a simple yet effective practice. Changing your Spectrum WiFi password every two to three months helps enhance your router’s security and prevent unauthorized access to your network.
Some benefits of changing your Spectrum WiFi password and name are:
- It keeps your WiFi network fast and efficient.
- It prevents slowdowns caused by a large number of simultaneous connections.
- It prevents any unauthorized user from accessing your WiFi.
- It provides an additional layer of security against potential threats to your network.
Other Related Post:
- How to Pay Spectrum Bill by Phone, Online, Cash or Card
- Spectrum Router Blinking Blue
- How to Reset Spectrum Router With 3 Easy Ways
- How To Return Spectrum Equipment | Spectrum Equipment Return Guide
- Why Is My Spectrum Router Blinking Red?
- How To Setup & Activate Spectrum Modem: Detailed Guide
Final Words on Change Spectrum WiFi Name
Next time you feel the need to change your Spectrum WiFi password and name, follow the steps given in this post and you are good to go. It takes just a few minutes to complete the whole process.
Hi, I am James Burns a skilled and experienced network engineer with a passion for optimizing digital connectivity. With a wealth of expertise in designing and managing intricate network infrastructures, I excel in enhancing performance and security. I hold a distinguished record of delivering top-notch results in various Network courses, including the Juniper Networks Certified Associate (JNCIA) certification, demonstrating my commitment to continuous learning and professional growth. My dedication to staying at the forefront of emerging technologies makes me an invaluable asset in ensuring seamless and reliable network operations. Whether troubleshooting complex issues or implementing innovative solutions, I am dedicated to creating robust and efficient network environments for businesses and individuals alike.