So you’re on the verge of choosing a new Arris router for your work. Nevertheless, we hope that this guide below will surely help you to get more knowledge about this product. Below is a complete guide on Facts to Know about Arris Router Login. You can surely view this guide to know more about the Arris router IP and default password.
How Do I Log Into My Arris Router?
There are three different ways by which you can log into the router at any time. You can either use a web browser or a mobile application or even with the SSID and the password. You can get along with any of the choices according to your preference.
Using a Web Browser
- The first step is to locate the username and the password. Look for the label attached to the router. It should come up with the network name and the password. If possible click a picture before the label gets faded away.
- Once you note that up, connect the pc with this router and then open up a web browser. Go to the URL section and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. This will lead you to the admin page of your router. If you need any help, check out our tutorial on How to Find Your Router’s IP Address.
If above IP address doesn’t work, try one of these 3 alternate Arris IP’s, in order:
- Simply find out the field where you will have to enter the username and the password. Enter them accordingly and in the correct field. Click on the enter button present right below to log in to your router control panel.
Log in to an Arris Router Using the SSID Network Name and Password
- Open up the box and check for the available wireless devices present over here. Look for the network that matches the username of this device. It should be the same as the SSID mentioned on the label.
- Tap on this device and you will be asked to enter the password. Type it down and then click on the connect button to go forward.
- The next thing that you need to do is to open up a web browser and then go to the address bar. Type down the default IP address of your router over here and hit the enter key.
- You will be redirected to the admin control panel here. You can now put in the username and password. For complete access, type down ‘admin‘ as the username and ‘password‘ as the password in the given field! Click on login to enter the control panel.
Log in to an Arris Router Using the Mobile App
- The mobile application is the easiest way to log in to your Arris router. To get this done, use the coaxial cable to the modem and then to the cable outlet. Make sure that the ethernet cable is plugged in.
- If you are using Android or iOS, go to the Playstore or Appstore and then search down as Arris SURFboard application. Simply download it and wait for the installation to get complete.
- Enter your personal details to create an account in the application. Once done, you need to go to the menu option and then tap on the scan menu. You will now have to take the camera to the R code present on the router.
- You will be redirected to the login page. Follow the on-screen instructions from here to complete the login procedure. It should not take much time to complete the entire setup.
This Arris tutorial is for the SURFboard modems and Wi-Fi router
Setting up your ARRIS Internet, Wi-Fi & Voice Modem
How to Reset Arris Router
Resetting the router comes in handy many times. To reset the Arris router, you can get two different options. Either you can do it through the internet or through the reset button present here.
Using Main Menu
- To reset the router from the main menu, go to the internet browser and then log in to the admin portal of your router and then get into the admin panel by using the login credentials.
- Once you log in, you will now have to go to the main menu options. Now, you can easily click on the utility menu present here.
- Look for the options that are available and you can click on the factory reset option. Give permission to the router and it will start performing the factory reset. It should take around 2 to 5 minutes for this procedure.
Using the Reset Button
- The first thing that you need to do is to spot the reset button of the router. It should be just at the back end of the router. The reset button is actually smaller than the power button itself.
- Once you find the reset button present over here, you simply have to hold it down. Hold the button down for at least 0 seconds and then release your fingers. The product will automatically be restarted.
- Wait for the lights to blink off. Once it does, the restart procedure has begun. When it again blinks back, the router is now completely reset to use.
Factory Reset ARRIS Surfboard to Default Settings :
How to Change an Arris Router’s Username & Password
How to Configure Arris Router
- The first thing that you need to do is to log in to the Arris router. You can do this easily by typing down the default username and the password. Click on enter to get into the admin panel.
- Go to the main menu and then open up the account. Here, you will see a lot of options. Find out the Status option and then click on this. Once you give a click over here, it will open up a security link.
- Click on the security ling and then go to the change username option. This page will allow you to change the username as per your requirements. Change the username and then keep the settings saved.
- Go back to the previous menu and then you will find the option to change the password. Tap on this and it will open up a new page. Enter the default password in the first column. Follow it up by creating a new password on the second column. Re-enter the new password again.
- Now the password has been changed. To save the settings, click on the Save button just below the password field! It will save the changes and you can now log out to log in again with the new password.
If you are facing a big problem with the internet connection issues, you can follow this procedure mentioned below to figure out.
- Check the physical connection completely. This product comes with a simple SB6141 power cord. Check the connections and get yourself knowledgeable about this. You can get to know if this product is working fine or not.
- The next thing that you need to do is to verify the LEDs that are running on the product. Get to know more about the LED indications on how they do work regularly. It is important to know about this feature as well.
- If your router does get hung up, try to do a power reset. Simply plug off the router and you will be able to turn this off. If it does not work well, try to get a hold of the factory reset mode.
Useful Routers Tips
- The placement of the router matters a lot when it comes to complete usage. If your router is at a distance away from the devices connected, it will automatically reduce the connectivity. The signal strength will be low and may not be prolific as well. check out our tutorial on How to Check Wi-Fi Signal Strength.
- Dual-band routers give you a better edge than a single band router. This will allow you to make easy and quick changes to the configuration making the router much better to use. You can quickly use this 2.4 GHz band to make things better for your use.
- If you have multiple priority options for different works, you can always use the QoS tool. This will allow you to get quick configuration settings as per your needs. The QoS will set priority for different kinds that will be helpful for your needs. You can download files for complete access.
- If your router is old, it is better to upgrade your router to a new model. This will allow you to get fast internet access. New hardware will be supportive to the internet.
Do let us know about any more problems that you are facing with this Arris router login. In case you are not facing any major troubles, you can easily get the help of this router for your home gaming needs.